Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Prayers for Vocations Day

For the Church
Loving God, in the name of Jesus, we ask you to send your Holy Spirit to us so that men and women among us respond to your call to service.
We pray for those considering marriage, but especially those who hear your invitation to be a priest, deacon, sister, or brother.
May those who are opening their hearts and minds to your call be encouraged and strengthened through our prayers and support. 
Amen.


Heavenly Father, call many holy young people to consecrated lif for the sake of you kingdom. Call an abundance of virtuous  men to serve  in ordained ministry as laborers for your harvest. Call numerous others to faithful, chaste, and fruiful love in the sacrament of marriage, as signs and witnesses of Christ's love for his Church. Through baptism you have called all your children, in whatever state of life, to love and serve you. Fill us with your Holy Spirit and grant us each the grace to follow you in perfect obedience and charity. With Mary and Joseph as our models and intercessors, we ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.


For Me, Personally [by Cardinal John Newman]
God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission—I never may know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. Somehow I am necessary for His purposes, as necessary in my place as an Archangel in his—if, indeed, I fail, He can raise another, as He could make the stones children of Abraham. Yet I have a part in this great work; I am a link in a chain, a bond of connexion between persons. He has not created me for naught. I shall do good, I shall do His work; I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place, while not intending it, if I do but keep His commandments and serve Him in my calling. Amen.--John Henry Cardinal Newman

Lord Jesus, up until now You have been quietly preparing me to be Your disciple. Now the time of preparation is ending. I seem to hear You say to me as You said once to Peter: "Will you also go away?" Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

I stand with Peter. Through prayer and counsel, show me, Lord, where it is in Your vineyard that You want me to serve. Then give me strength to be fruitful.

Mary, Mother and Model, help me to respond in generous love to the call of you divine son. Amen. 

For more see: USCCB Prayers for Vocations

No comments: